PACT Zollverein, a unique arts centre located at the heart of Germany’s Ruhr District, is offering prestigious residencies – for the timeframe January to July 2020. PACT Zollverein focuses on supporting dance and the performing arts.
Running all year round since 2002, the residency programme is at the heart of PACT Zollverein’s day to day work. Residencies are offered for the development and realization of projects and productions. The call is open to to professional artists from both Germany and abroad working in the fields of dance, performance and media art. The production and work taking place during the residency should be closely linked to PACT’s core activities of presenting work and facilitating research and development.
Residencies are eligible to be planned individually. They will include a working space, local accommodation, a weekly grant allowance as well as the reimbursement of travel costs. By arrangement and subject to requirement, PACT Zollverein also offers its residents technical support.
A residency incorporates the following:
· Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.)
· Local accommodation (max. 5 people)
· Period of min. 2 weeks
· Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (max. 5 people)
· Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (max. 5 people)
· Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
· Professional technical support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
· Professional advice in: Project funding, project management, press and public relations
Only applications that are submitted via the online residency applicationform will be accepted. Deadline is July 8th.
"Culture includes not only culture and arts, but also the way of life and system of values. In this sense culture becomes the major power for intellectual renewal and human perfection." (European Council Report on European Cultural Policy)