JaWo Music Residencies is a project aimed at emerging musicians and authors connected to the European jazz / world music scene. Until 20 May 2021 European authors and musicians that belong to a disadvantaged group - migrant, having economic or social disadvantage, etc. - are welcome to apply. 20 applicants will be chosen to participate at the residency programme.
JaWo Music Residencies aims to develop skills and aptitudes of the young musicians and authors selected in order to create winning strategies for the promotion and dissemination of musical products, to connect the artists with the most important record companies on the European jazz / world-music scene as well as to Implement coaching and training strategies and methodologies and copyright issues.
The project is divided in five phases:
- In June / July 2021 the participants take place in an online campus for exchange and co-creation for ten days ( supported by tutors and musical coaches)
- From August to September the participants will take place in an online co-creation session also supported by musical coaches
- In September / October 2021 the participants will travel to Italy (Benevento Province) for ten days for an in-person co-production training
- Promotion and dissemination of project and musical products through festivals, reviews and fairs dedicated to jazz and world music throughout Europe
- From October to December 2021 and January to March 2022: Evaluation and summary of the whole experience
The participation in the programme is for free and any travel, accommodation and subsistence costs will be covered by the organisers. More information can be found here.